Saturday, March 14, 2020

Chastiefol: The sacred spear

Chastiefol came from work as a pollen collector, a job which he performed since ages, as a member of the lowest caste of fairies. For 3000 thousand years, he had been doing the same old routine, day after day. But one day, everything changed forever. The fairies heard a loud and hideous noise from the ground, from the sky and from the sea. Simultaneously, huge and horredous creatures emerged from breaches everywhere.

In minutes, the fairy kingdom was turned into ground zero. As a collector, he was not allowed to engage in battle with enemies. He should find shelter in the mountains, as every other fairy of his class. But, he was different. Inside, somehow, he knew he had to do something. Ignoring protocols and advice, he grabbed a wooden spear (which he had deviced years ago, to train himself, though he was a "pariah" or "harijan") and ran into the battlefield. 
He was killed immediatly. After he passed away, he woke up in the spirit world. His essense was intact, but his physical body had been disintegrated by the invaders. While trying to assimilate this new reality and status, a peculiar blaze appeared. This blaze turn into a glorious personage. Chastiefol asked who was this. "Here, I am no one, and Everything. I am one with the Everything, and the "All" is in me. But for you, to understand, I was the Fairy Queen in the world from which you just went out of". Wasn't that just a legend? asked Chasti.

"Not at all, my dear collector" claimed the Queen. I had lived for eons in your former world, but I was killed in the last Holy War, 10.000 years ago. "I see" mumbled Chastie. I have seen your feelings and perceived your intentions Chastie. I have never seen so much bravery in your kind. That is why I want to reward your efforts. But the question is: Would you accept this gift? Coming from a Queen like you, why should I reject it? answered Chastie. After a while (because he perceived the event as recent), Chastiefol woke up and felt kind of strange. He tried to walk, but he couldn't. But he could see everything around him. Moreover, he sensed an enourmous source of power around him. Something peaceful, gentle but tremendously powerful. 
5000 years later, the fairy king came to see Chastiefol. "Dear Sacred Tree, I need your power and a piece of your magical and fantastic wood" asked the king. The demons again are trying to invade our beautiful kingdom. We need your holy protection as usual. "This time, I perceive the enemy is more terrible than previous occassions" said Chastiefol. I will help you with one condition. I will fight your wars myself hereafter. I want to be in the battlefield again. You will name your weapon as myself. So, this is the story of a collector fairy, who became a sacred tree, and then a weapon: The Chastiefol Spear. His desire to defend the fairy kingdom was granted. The greatest spiritual weapon ever made in the world, even before humans came to exist. 
The end?


No comments:

Post a Comment